Saturday, January 27, 2007

One down, two to go




My beautiful sister Marty is still recovering from what turned out to be major surgery to remove her parathyroids. As some of you know I had this same surgery a few years ago and recovered fairly fast from it. Unfortunately Marty's parathyroids were elusive so the surgery took longer and her recovery time has been painful and slow. But, she made it and looks forward to better health.
Monday morning two more loved ones face major surgery. Brother Pat (not to be confused with brother Tom who has an inoperable tumor on his pancreas) is going in to have a tumor removed from his pancreas. And Jim's stepdad Dave goes in as well for bypass heart surgery.
I thought only plane crashes happened in threes. Why am I disclosing all of this? As we go about our day to day business we sometimes forget how fragil life can be and how important our family members are to us until we face possibly losing one of them. I have faith in my heart that Pat and Dave will be fine but find myself remembering special moments shared with both of them.


5 comments:

FishTaxi said...

Is she the sister Jimmy said I'd get along good with?

Love you guys,
Kath

Riverbrat said...

Actually you would get along great with both. But this is the sister that Jim has never met. I hope some day she can make it up for a visit.

FishTaxi said...

She should when she's feeling better...soon I hope!

Nordica said...

hey aunt mary.. seems like when it rains it pours, huh? grandma just wrote me and said dave's doing great. i knew he'd be fine! i'm sure your sister and brother will be too. love you guys!

-nordica

Riverbrat said...

Hey Sunshine,

It's good to hear from you. Yes I'm very thankful that everyone is recovering nicely. Feels like a plane crash, only in separate states! I bet your looking forward to Spring. We sure are. Thanks for your comments. I miss you.

Aunt Mary

 
hits