Saturday, March 28, 2009

Good kind of sore

When I got laid off from Alaska Airlines I went into a funk and quit going to the gym. Jim took over my membership and started going regularly. Thankfully not only was I able to find another job, I was able to sign up again with the same gym at a discounted price. Only this time I also received two free hours with a personal trainer. This was nice because they showed me how to work all of the exercise equipment and gave me tips on how to increase my upper body strength. They even did a free body fat test. But we won't go into that.

My goal is to go to the gym three times a week for an hour (40 minutes cardio, 20 minutes weights). I usually feel like a bowl of jello by the time I'm done. I hear it will get better.

3 comments:

Paddy said...

Good for you sis!

I’ve joined a fitness place myself and have been regular at going every other day.

I stick to the cardio machines; treadmill, recumbent machines and some kind of torture machine with revolving stairs that keep coming at me like a waterfall.

After burning about 450 calories, I head for the hot pool. That is my favorite part. Then I go home and have a toddy.

It all seems to balance out.

Paddy

Anonymous said...

Diane and I frequent the gym together(same one I took you to when you visited). We even say hi to each other when our paths cross. Diane has a trainer who set up programs for her. I tried doing it with her one day and it killed me.

Glad you could re-up at a discount. That keeps the cost per visit down but don't calculate it, it will discourage you. I did that once.

We got a big snowstorm today and I bet you sent it to us! Ha.

Jim

Martypants said...

Way to go Mare. Glad the funk has passed - hate those things.

Keep on keepin on. I admire a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunatley, that's all I do - admire from afar. Ha!

Love you,
Mart

 
hits