Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Miracle Hot Springs


Monday night I went camping with my friend Heidi and her kids. We stayed in one of the thermal heated domes pictured. It didn't take long to discover that the floor was heated and what a pleasure that was! We spent a lot of time soaking in the natural thermal heated pool where the water was like silk. We were all very relaxed when it came time for bed but were awaken by a fierce wind storm that blew most of the night. It is still blowing here! I sure am enjoying Gavin's Spring Break. Today I took him and a friend to the skate park for serveral hours where they met even more friends. They didn't let the wind stop them.









3 comments:

FishTaxi said...

Thats not camping:D heheh Did the hot springs have a sulphur smell? They do here.

Glad you had fun. Spring break for the kids here was last week.

Riverbrat said...

I agree, it is the only way to "camp". Surprisingly the springs didn't smell like sulphur. I think I forgot to mention that we made a fire and cooked our foil dinners in the hot coals. It sure felt like camping.

FishTaxi said...

Now thats "camping" cooking over an open fire. I LOVE THAT!

 
hits