Saturday, March 17, 2007

Calling all cops!


All went well at the dance. Gavin told me he got his groove on. I forgot to mention a funny story that happened last Thursday night. We were eating dinner when Gavin turned around and looked out the living room window. "Uh, there are two cops standing in our driveway, staring at us". What?? I turn around and look and sure enough there are two cops standing there staring at us through our window. We all go outside pronto. Can we help you?? As it turns out the policemen were called out on a dog disturbance, thankfully not our dogs but they wanted to come and have a look see of our back yard. After looking (snooping) around they determined the problem was next door and asked to use our gate to access our neighbors yard. We let them and they were able to sort the problem out. After they left Jim and I decided it was nice not to have anything to hide. You never know when the cops are going to come calling!

3 comments:

FishTaxi said...

Its odd that they didn't knock on your door instead of staring at you through the window.

I can just hear Gavin. And I'm glad he got his groove on!

Barb said...

Did Gavin have a good time at the dance? When I was in gradeschool and highschool we had friday and saturday nite dances at the grade schools. I don't think they do that any more. It was a good thing back before TV and computers. Something for kids to do. If you didn't want to dance the gyms were open for basketball and they also had games like checkers. I really liked shuffleboard. It was the kind that you did on the floor. I think they do that on cruise ships nowdays. Did I mention that I got a notice for my 55th class reunion!

Riverbrat said...

Gavin had a great time at the dance. This girl is good for him, getting him involved in school activities. I'm impressed with his cordiality towards her. Sorry to miss your call last night Kath. Jim was at a concert with Gavin and a friend. I was soaking in the tub. The guys went to see Taking Back Sunday. I'm sure Jim will blog about it. Happy Sunday!

 
hits