Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ducks in a Row

Well, sometimes you just have to take off from work to get your ducks in a row. Especially when you are trying to make doctor appointments. That is how I've spent this morning.

So far it looks like I will be traveling back and forth to Seattle in February to meet with my surgeon at the University of Washington. The experts suspect a small tumor on my pancreas not unlike the one brother Pat had removed. It's most likely not cancerous, just inconvenient and causing bothersome symptoms . Darn, I was hoping not to ever see Dr. Mann again! He took two of my parathyroids out a few years back. I'm lucky to have lots of support and the love of my brothers there in Washington to help me through all of this. To be continued...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in our hearts. We'll plan to see you soon. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Let us know when you are coming this way, Mary.

We will be here for you with care and loving hearts.

I think Nan's car has memorized the path to Washington Medical Center.

Paddy

Riverbrat said...

Thanks Pat and Nancy! I will be undergoing some tests here later next week. I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks again for your love and support :)

Elli said...

Sending you all my love from Australia--will be thinking of you constantly so hopefully Paddy and Nan will keep me updated. Wishing you all the best and speedy return to health!

Riverbrat said...

Thanks Elli, I'm sure everything will turn out fine in the end and I will start feeling much better! I see you are settled in a nice spot for awhile.

Martypants said...

Hi Mare,

I second Elli's comment - sending you all my love and thinking of you constantly.

I finally made that doctor's appointment (Thursday 2/5) to get results of my latest MRI. I have a good feeling that everything is A-okay. Just hoping the same holds true for you.

Will try to call you this weekend.

Much love,
Marty

 
hits