Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break


Gavin is leaving this morning to spend his spring break on South Padre Island. He is going with one of his good friends who happens to be from Texas. I've been to S Padre Island a few times and so I know what a great time they are going to have, once they get there. They are driving and I think it will take at least two (long) days to get there. I told him to look out for sunburn, jelly fish, under tow, and be sure to have lunch at Blackbeards, one of my favorite eats on the island. Oh what a good time he is going to have!













4 comments:

FishTaxi said...

WOW! Tell him to take lots of pics and post some on the family blog.

Spring Break for you and the pirate too! Have fun:)

Anonymous said...

Mare,

I'll never forget the fun we had in South Padre many years ago - my favorite part was roaring up and down the sand dunes on our 3-wheelers (after a few brewskies).

Hope Gavin had a rip-roaring blast and that he got back home safe & sound.

Love you,
Mart

Riverbrat said...

I talked to Gavin this morning and he was on a boat headed out to see some dolphins. Sounds like they are having a great time. I will never forget that trip either Mart or the fun we had. HEMATOMA!

Anonymous said...

How are you doing, My name is Steve Maxwell I live in Alaska and have been trying to get ahold of Jim. There is going to be a John Prine concert in Anchorage. And I was wondering if I got an extra ticket or two if you and Jim or Jim would like to go to a concert. My phone is 907-357-4985

 
hits