Friday, January 18, 2008

Moe and Grayson

My friend Maureen and her son came for a visit recently. They live in Houston and got a kick out of all the snow that fell everyday they were here. Moe and I have been friends for twenty-nine years. As a matter of fact she and I met when I was nineteen, the age of her son, at my very first job out of high school. She works for American Express Travel and has been able to visit me in a few times in Washington and now in Boise.

While they were here Jim and Gavin took Grayson snowboarding, his first time, and hopefully not his last. Moe and I took the boys sledding one day and I think he enjoyed that more. By the end of thier trip Gray was ready to get back to Houston's 70 degree weather!








3 comments:

FishTaxi said...

Glad you and your friends had fun and the weather coopperated:)

Barb said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! When I was young I loved playing in the snow. No such thing as snowboarding in my time! Sleds and bobsleds and of course skiing. My friend Judy had their own bobsled so it was pretty cheap to get on the slides so we went quite alot. They looked quite a bit like those long ice slides at the olympics.
Can't remember what that is called. That and ice skating...almost every night! I used to pretend I was Sonja Heine! (gold medalist of my time)The last time I went sledding was in Alaska the year we got the boys sleds for xmas. Now Charlies son is using the sleds! My...how time flys!

Riverbrat said...

We still have quite a bit of snow on the ground and more on the way in the next few days. It's a challenge to walk in!

 
hits