Sunday, December 3, 2006

Let's hike to the cross!
















We've been to visit the huge cross overlooking Boise several times now. We've even taken a few visitors up there on nice days. There is a great view of the city from up there. There is also a trail that you can hike from the parking lot of the Old Penitentiary all the way to the cross in the sky. I've been wanting to hike this trail for a long time and today I was able to convince Gavin that he wanted to do it too. When we pulled into the parking lot and I pointed up to the cross, our destination, Gavin had serious doubts that we could make it. He was in charge of the dog, I was in charge of the backpack. Luckily it wasn't as hard as it looks. We got to the top in less than an hour and had a picnic before we headed down.

1 comment:

FishTaxi said...

wow you did it under an hour? If I would have been along I would have slowed you way down. Way to go!

 
hits