Sunday, November 19, 2006

SQUASH





SICK!Around the beginning of June of this year my friend Heidi and I got out our pitifully old bikes and decided to get into shape. She was riding her son’s bike which was too big (hers had the chain wrapped tight around the pedals…long story) and mine was an old beater that I paid $10 dollars for at a garage sale years ago. My bike was making a clicking sound and driving her crazy and her bike was out pacing me by a good 500 feet. Was it the clicking? At the end of the ride we decided we both needed new bikes. We went to the local bike shop in Eagle and found our new rides and put them on layaway. When I finally brought mine home around the first of October Gavin took one look and said SICK! When he saw the puzzled look on my face he said, it means "COOL" mom. Teenage lingo. I had my first few rides on Squash (the name matches the color) commuting to and from my new job in Eagle. It’s about a five mile trip that goes from the busy town of Eagle then past several pastures full of cows. I got in the habit of mooing at the cows and I swear they mooed right back! After a heart pounding ride this past Sunday, Heidi says we should take our bikes out on the trails every Sunday, no matter how cold. Gear up! She says. I say SICK!

No comments:

 
hits