Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Garden Tour 2009





By being the fifth caller at a radio station Jim won two tickets to the annual Garden Tour, a fundraiser for the Idaho Botanical Garden. We loaded up the car with all our rain gear because the weather had been so stormy and it threatened to rain again last Sunday when we toured the gardens. There were seven houses in all that we drove to and toured. Everything looked lush and green because of the recent rains. We got plenty of ideas for our own garden and managed to finish the tour without getting rained on.

5 comments:

nanmackin said...

I'd put your garden up against any of those pictured. You've already done great things in your yard.

Enjoy implementing your new ideas. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your additions.

Love, Nancy

Martypants said...

That's so cool - I've never won anything!! (Well, okay, a cake on a cake walk in the 5th grade).

Beautiful garden, beautiful pictures. Looking forward to pictures of your garden.

Love you sis.

Paddy said...

I can see us enjoying an afternoon toddy with avacado dip at any of these backyards. I like yours the best; so inviting.

Paddy

Riverbrat said...

Thanks for all the compliments. Jim has added a xeriscape garden to an area in the back. He is the master gardener of our house. I just sit back and enjoy.

Elli said...

I just saw you trying to post from flickr. Email me if you need any help. (address on my blog)

 
hits